The Goa Chief minister Dr. Pramod Sawant on Monday (31 Aug 2020) said that, the state government would implement Union home ministries guidelines and would not conduct compulsory COVID 19, testing on Goans Borders.
Addressing media persons in Panjim, Dr. Sawant said that, no compulsory COVID 19, testing would be required for Interstate commuters on Goan Borders from tomorrow. He further said that Bars and restaurants will resume their operations in the state from September 1. Decision to reopen schools will taken only after September 21”.
Important decisions in today’s SEC.
1. No testing for travellers coming to Goa – be it road, rail or air. Compulsory testing of only international air/sea passengers will continue.
2. Bars will be open from tomorrow, i.e. 01/09/2020.
3. Spas/massage parlours will be open from 01/09/2020.
4. Ban on Casinos will continue.
5. Ban on River Cruise will continue.
Order under Sec.144 of CrPC will be shared soon.